Solihull penfriends

Let's communicate in our own languages and learn how similar our differences may be!

Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Message from Lindsey

Hi everyone!

Gosh - it is difficult to know where to begin to thank you all so very much for making our stay with you so fantastic. We could not have asked for a warmer welcome and such an interesting - and tasty! - trip.
For my part it was really lovely to catch up with old friends and have the opportunity for a 'proper chat' - and I was thrilled when you all said how much 'my students' had improved with their French from last year - wonderful to hear with my teacher's cap on!!!!!!!!! I think Andree and her crew should be running the country - I think I will drop Sarkozy a line next week to that effect!

We had a great drive back - stopping off in Lisieux overnight (thanks to Nathalie having arranged the overnight stop for me). We had a few minor problems finding the hotel, but Derek was on the case and my did his French flow. I made them all book in at the hotel in French and then do all the talking in the restaurant - no English was allowed! Not sure that they will be speaking to me at our lesson next Thursday.
We stopped off in Old Town Boulogne (I know it quite well from all my weekend trips) - and I even got a suntan from sitting outside having lunch - bit odd considering I was still wearing boots and socks though!! The journey home in England was not too bad at all once we had cleared London. In fact the M40 motorway home was virtually empty which is a first as far as I am concerned. I finally arrived home just before 10 pm. A long drive - but who cares after such a fabulous holiday in France! Merci mes amis!

Well I will sign off now and wish you all a super summer. We all greatly look forward to seeing you all here in England again next year (or sooner)!
Big hug from us all

Lindsey xx

1 Comments:

At 7:25 AM, Blogger Mandin Music Mix said...

SOOOOO glad you had such a great time

Love Juliet

 

Post a Comment

<< Home