Solihull penfriends

Let's communicate in our own languages and learn how similar our differences may be!

Monday, December 04, 2006

Smoking in public in the UK

I noticed from the earlier postings that there was a certain number of entries regarding the subject of smoking in public places.

Opinion of this subject is usually very emotive as it normally polarizes people – most people are either for or against it and very few people sit on the fence.

This subject has been the subject of new legislation in the UK over the last year or so. Ireland and Scotland already ban smoking in public places. From next April it will be banned in Wales.

A couple of weeks ago, it was announced that smoking in enclosed public places in England would be banned from 1st July 2007.

What will become of the English pub culture? Will it survive? Smoking has always been an integral part of our pubs.

My favourite pub is very smoky. The publican also smokes.

Personally I do not smoke but I put up with it when I am out.

It will be very different from next July.

Dave

1 Comments:

At 4:33 AM, Blogger Mandin Music Mix said...

I don't like smokey atmospheres some I really glad that things are changing.

Juliet

 

Post a Comment

<< Home