Solihull penfriends

Let's communicate in our own languages and learn how similar our differences may be!

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Nouvelles de France

Enfin un message en français !! Pardonnez le silence des "french penfriends" . Ils sont tous débordés par leurs nombreuses activités !! Au moins en ce qui concerne les élèves de Juliet !!
Comme j'en fais partie , je serai brève .

Pour répondre à Dave , les journalistes du monde entier ont fait savoir la très bonne participation des Français au scrutin .Pour une fois "cocorico !!"
Espérons que le prochain tour des élections (le long WE du 8 mai), ils seront aussi motivés pour choisir leur futur président(e) !! Car , eux aussi , se plaignent toujours et sont d'éternels mécontents !! Quelqu'un me disait récemment : "on est ingouvernables"

Pour changer de sujet , je vous soumets ici un site pour découvrir comment les Choletais savent faire la fête à l'occasion de leur carnaval . Il y a quelques années , un groupe de Solihull était présent au moment du carnaval . Si vous voulez un aperçu du dernier : défilé de jour le 15 avril , défilé de nuit le 21 avril , allez sur le lien suivant : www.cholet.maville.com .

Maryvonne

2 Comments:

At 8:06 AM, Blogger Mandin Music Mix said...

Thank you Maryvonne you are a star!!!
I like the link to Cholet maville.

Have a nice two week break

Juliet

 
At 3:54 AM, Blogger Mandin Music Mix said...

Thank you for your response Maryvonne. It was lovely to read some more French on the blog.

I suspect that France will always be governable but whether it wants to be governed I do not know! The turnout at the polls was fantastic. My French teacher had to go to the French Consulate in Birmingham to vote.

I spoke to him about the election and he told me about the second round. I had not realised that you vote again. It’s difficult enough to get the English to vote once, the idea of having to vote a second time a couple of weeks after the first time would probably be just too much!

I too, hope that the substantial turnout experienced in the first round is repeated in the second.

I had to look up the phrase “cocorico”. It’s not a phrase that I am likely to get taught! Perhaps my daughter will be able to use it in her French class at school.

I enjoyed the pictures of the carnival from the Maville.com website. It was lovely to see a carnival where people join in. Unfortunately the English are too reserved and you normally just don’t get that level of participation in carnivals.

Kenilworth, where I now live, has a carnival in July.

Dave

 

Post a Comment

<< Home