Solihull penfriends

Let's communicate in our own languages and learn how similar our differences may be!

Sunday, May 25, 2008

2 weeks ago, in Cholet, I met a friend I've never seen again since 30 years. She lives in Angers and the last time we were together was in 1978, what a good surprise for us !!! She has not changed at all and she is always the same kind woman she was in the past. She gave me the name and address of another good friend and 3 days ago, I contacted her and went to see her at her job in Angers. What a happy moment for us! We talked a long time and it was a pleasure to remember many good memories !!!
Today it's the "fête des mères" in France. Is it a similar feast in England ?
Happy good day for all the mothers !!
Christiane

2 Comments:

At 11:59 PM, Blogger Mandin Music Mix said...

Mother's day is usually in March in the UK. I always remember it being the same time as daffodils!

I quite agree with you my the way that it's lovely to meet up with old friends. I've been in contact with my penfriend from Paris for 20 years now and although we've sort of lost contact a little we still send photos and emails to eachother from time to time.

By the way do the French talk about the weather as much as the English I would say yes and in second place ....strikes??

Juliet

 
At 11:09 PM, Blogger Mandin Music Mix said...

unfortunately, people always talk about weather, but not enough about strikes, I think. Though, a lot of people are very angry about their purchase power, about their low salary, they have a lot of reasons to be in the street but they dare not. They are afraid to loose their job
Is that freedom !!!
Christiane

 

Post a Comment

<< Home