Solihull penfriends

Let's communicate in our own languages and learn how similar our differences may be!

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Hello from a new Franglaise!

I hope you don't mind me joining you. I'm Val, I live in Mortagne sur Sèvre in the Vendée and I work with Juliet who has given me the name of Vendée Val. I don't know Solihull as I'm from the frozen North (Southport to be precise) but I hope that won't go against me.
Like Juliet, my husband's French and my two kids (23 and 21 years old) were born here so I now feel more French than English. I've been teaching here for about 15 years almost exclusively in companies as I worked in business in the UK before coming here.
I don't feel I have anything world-shattering to talk about on the blog but I'll be happy to contribute or answer any questions from anyone who's interested.
Bye for now
Val

6 Comments:

At 5:34 AM, Blogger Mandin Music Mix said...

Val, It was lovely to read your entry on the blog.

Southport - have you thawed out yet?

Personally, I lived in London for about thirty years before coming to live in the midlands in the UK.

Please don't feel that you have to start a thread on a complex or involved topic. Often simple aspects of French life are just as interesting for those of us who live in the UK. In fact often the differences in lifestyles are often the most interesting.

Dave

 
At 12:14 AM, Blogger Mandin Music Mix said...

As usual Dave is on the ball. I'm sure Val can't believe she's already got a reply!!

As you can see Dave I'm keeping my part of the deal!!!

Do you remember that you mentioned the issue of the pint!! We'll everyone has been talking about it in France. The Brits have been let off the hook!!! The Europeans are giving up on it. The Brits will always be the odd ones out.

It doesn't bother me...the only thing is I'm not very good at maths.

Juliet

 
At 6:02 AM, Blogger Paul said...

HI Juliet.My name is Paul and i have just started french lessons with Lindsey on monday evening at solihull college. Lyndsey suggested getting in touch with you through the blog to see if it's possible, for anyone interested, in making contact with a french penfriend.I've recently returned from france on holiday,we stayed in the corbieres area.Looking forward to your comments.a bientot Paul.

 
At 8:43 AM, Blogger Mandin Music Mix said...

Val,

I have just read your message on the blog and I also live in Mortagne, so I will be happy to meet you.

My name is Christiane and I am in an english conversation group in Horizon Center in Cholet.

I went to Solihull last April with a twining association and it was a very interesting and kindly stay.

Tomorrow, I will begin english lesson at Language Municipal Institute (IML) in Cholet.

Christiane

 
At 10:38 AM, Blogger Mandin Music Mix said...

This is for Christiane. When do you have your English lesson at IML? If I'm there at that time I'll make myself known to you, or give your telephone number to your teacher to pass on to me.
Val

 
At 11:23 PM, Blogger Mandin Music Mix said...

Hello Val

I have my english lessons every Wednesday evening from 18h30 to 20h with Nadine

Are you also an english teacher in IML ?

I will give my telephone number to Nadine next time

Christiane

 

Post a Comment

<< Home