Solihull penfriends

Let's communicate in our own languages and learn how similar our differences may be!

Monday, February 19, 2007

Lots of trips!!!

Spring time is time to travel and exchange ideas. I've heard on the grapevine that a group from Cholet will be travelling to Solihull in April and a few students from Solihull College will be coming over to Cholet at the end of May. It's all still rather small scale but I like it that way; it's more intimate.

I know that lots of young French people would love to travel to England, however it's not easy to find exchange partners as hardly anyone wants to come to France.

It would be nice to see a junior section of the twinning association set up. Am I dreaming?

I know that if a youth club wanted to organize a sporty holiday(11-15 year olds) with some French lessons I could sort something out through our council.

Dave please ask around and see what sort of feedback you can get.

Enjoy the start of Spring everyone.

Juliet

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 4:14 AM, Blogger Mandin Music Mix said...

The town twinning association would love to have a junior section. However, despite their best efforts in the past they have never been able to get one started.

I believe that the most significant problems that hamper us are that visits are often made during term time and parents are not allowed to take their children out of school in solihull and also that most exchange activities are conducted by the schools themselves.

However this is not to say that we should continue to try. I will bring this up at the next association meeting and ask if there is a channel to pass this request on to.

I personally would like to see more families with children involved in twinning.

Dave

 
At 5:39 AM, Blogger Mandin Music Mix said...

This sort of trip could be organised during the summer holidays. So we could get round the school problem.

Juliet

 
At 1:24 AM, Blogger Mandin Music Mix said...

Bromsgrove can do it - why can't we?

Richard

 
At 7:14 AM, Blogger Mandin Music Mix said...

So tell me what do Bromsgrove do in fact I'd like to know more. My Mum wrks at Bromsgrove college teching part HR.

Juliet

 
At 1:48 AM, Blogger Mandin Music Mix said...

Please excuse my typing mistakes!!!

Juliet

 
At 3:34 AM, Blogger Mandin Music Mix said...

I think that they do it through pure enthusiasm, Juliet.

I will try to persuade Eric Brown who belongs to both Solihull and Bromsgrove Twinning Associations to come onto this blogg and explain.

Richard

 

Post a Comment

<< Home