Solihull penfriends

Let's communicate in our own languages and learn how similar our differences may be!

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Autumn in the England

The leaves are turning brown, gold and red. We should have a wonderfull show of autumn colour thanks to all that lovely rain in england! The skies are a little grey at the moment and I would like more sunshine before the winter. However, it is very mild - a good english word! Next week most of the schools in england have a "half term holiday". The Autumn term is very long in England about 13 weeks. The newspapers in England are full of the Rugby World Cup - Allez Les Anglais! I hope you will be shouting and cheering us on! The leader of the 3rd political party the Liberal Democrats has resigned - his party think he is too old at 67years. What do you think? GG from the west midlands.

5 Comments:

At 4:19 AM, Blogger florent said...

I am very sad about the French rugby men 's defeat...but the English players were better allas!
I am just beghinning a new year with Juliet, it is very necessary because I am rusty! For improve my english I suppose I Will live in Uk for serveral months perhaps as grandmother "au pair"!
Claudette

 
At 8:07 AM, Blogger Mandin Music Mix said...

Claudette I'm so pleased to see you on the blog. I always think that Autumn is a good period to make new resolutions for the year ahead. So, posting things on the blog is a good start of term resolution.

Juliet

PS Would you be interested in coming to England with "our class" in May??

 
At 3:49 AM, Blogger Mandin Music Mix said...

I like autumn for its beautiful colours but days become very short when we are in this season. Next week-end we will have to change the hour and it will be dark very early, so we can not do anything outside in the evening, I don't like this period.
To answer to GG, 67 is considered not old for political party but when you are working, 50 is very old for the boss !!! I think it's not logical.
christiane

 
At 6:49 AM, Blogger Mandin Music Mix said...

WEll we are all disappointed about the rugby! It looks like we will get a much younger leader of the liberal democrats, more in keeping with David Cameron! What do you all think about the proposed new european treaty? Our newspapers are saying it is 90% the same as the constitution!!! What do they say in the French papers?

 
At 5:03 AM, Blogger Mandin Music Mix said...

The Autumn colours are lovely this year in UK.

This weekend the clocks go back one hour and we all have to start driving home in the dark.

Another autumn event for me is when the French market visits Kenilworth in November. Something to look forward to!

Dave

 

Post a Comment

<< Home